Thursday, January 11, 2007

God called his child home...

We lost my grandmother, Elviere Schoonbaert, Christmas night. She was in the hospital with stomach cancer for about 2 1/2 weeks. We knew about the cancer for about a month and a half. I believe she knew about it longer, but because of the woman she was, she kept it to herself.
She was born Dec 10, 1926 and passed away Dec 25, 2006, at the age of 80.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along
the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one
belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before hime, he looked back
at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the
path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me
all the way. But I noticed that during the most troublesome times
in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why
when I needed you most, you would leave me."
The Lord replied, "My child, I love you and would never leave
you. During your times of trials and sufferings, when you see
only one set of footprints, it was when I carried you."
You are forever loved Grandma, and will always be missed.

1 comment:

Carrie (or Maybe Gord!) said...

Very touching Becky.

Hope that you are all doing well! Keep us all updated on the baby progress please!