Thursday, August 31, 2006

Well, we are officially moved into our new house. We moved this weekend with the help of Kim, Abe, Don, Audrey, Stephen, and my mom. They were all a BIG help. Terry got all the new flooring down and some of the baseboards. He put in some very long days before the move. It all looks great. The kids (Breana, Tyler and Samantha) were "big" helps too. We are still living mostly out of boxes as I had my Income Tax exam last night and have not had a chance to unpack anything. My free time at the beginning of the week was devoted to studying so I don't have to write this blasted exam a third time! This weekend is devoted to unpack and organizing. You don't realize how much you rely on knowing where everything is until you don't know where anything is!

About my exam, I think I did okay. I was able to finish the whole exam this time, whereas last time I wasn't able to finish a 25 mark question...which could be why I failed!!! We'll see if I made 65% when I get my marks in 2 months.

We've had a young girl looking after Breana this week. Her name in Nicole and Breana sure seems to like her a lot. She seems to be another "Katherine!" I had Nicole come over Tuesday afternoon so I could study in peace, and Breana didn't want to take her home when it was time for her to go, so I guess that is a good thing. She starts at Vanessa's house next week, so hopefully she is as gungho then as well.

We lose possession of our house in Oak Lake tomorrow. Breana and Terry went out on Tuesday to do some final clean up of the yard, so they went inside and said goodbye to Breana's room and all the other rooms. Breana has adjusted very well to her new house. I am amazed at how well she has done. She calls our house in Oak Lake the "bad house" and our new house the "good house". She likes the fact of being able to ride her bike everywhere in Brandon. She had a hard time riding her bike at Oak Lake because our lane was uphill and it was gravel.

Remi is adjusting slowly. He still doesnt' get the fact that he can't wander like he used to! No more daily trips to see Cocoa at Don and Audrey's! But he sure is liking the fact that we are home at noon, and right after 5, and that he gets to go a lot more in the car with us wherever we go!

Just thought I might update you, whoever you are, on what has transpired the last week or so at the Williams' household. If you are in Brandon, drop by, we would like to have more company at our house in Brandon than we did in Oak Lake, because we did not have very many visitors out there!

Becky

No comments: